Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

For Christmas Eve this year I was struggling trying to come up with traditions for our family. I was looking all over the Internet and asking friends what they do with their families. Most things seemed like they would just go right over Seth's head or cost a lot of money. But when Christmas Eve finally rolled around we thought we would take advantage of the nice weather and take an outing to the Beach! I cannot explain how amazing it was. It was hot and there wasn't anyone there. Since I grew up in cold frozen Utah I did not think that this could be real! Although a white Christmas is what most want this had to be the next best thing. It was wonderful!! We just played in the sand, chased waves, and looked at tide pools.



Can you believe this is in December???






After getting home from the beach and nap time, I thought it would be fun to make some sugar cookies and leave some out for Santa. It did result in some crying tantrums and frustration for Seth, so that was a little sad, but what can you expect from a very headstrong , stubborn little boy.
Mommy working in the kitchen
After making the sugar cookies we put some out for Santa, and watched a Christmas movie. Ryan and I win parents of the year award because almost instantly we both fell asleep, a bit later I woke up and found Seth eating the frosting off of the cookies we left out for Santa! Our Little Stinker!!

No comments: