Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Trying to be crafty!!!

In an effort to still feel like my days are still productive, since graduating college and no longer working as much, my sister Hillary taught me how to knit a really cute baby blanket. The pictures do not do them justice, they are so cute as well as super comfy. Every time I had my knitting out Ryan or our nieces would cuddle up with them or rub the half-made blanket on their face. I first made a cream one because we didn't know what we were having then. But as soon as we found out that we were having a boy I had to make a blue one. (I have to apologize for the pictures they aren't very good in displaying my project. I guess you will just have to come see Seth and I to get a good look at them!!! When he comes that is...)


I then decided to make burp rags out of cloth diapers with really cute ribbon that I found in the dollar bin at Michael's. I know, I know the baby just spits up on them, but why not make a less desirable part of having a baby fun?!?! And plus most of the time you are wearing them on your shoulder, so why not accessorize?? I know Ryan thinks I am crazy too!!! (But remember I am trying to feel productive, while Ryan is at school all day and studying all the time.)

2 comments:

brooke and chad coon said...

I love the burp cloths. After 3 months of realizing that they would constantly be part of my outfit, I started jazzy-ing them up too. Love the blankets too!

Paige said...

Lindy you are so cute and the blankets and burp cloths are adorable!! You will have to show me how to make those...I want to be good by the time I'm married, whenever that happens...! Hope you're doing well and sorry to hear about jury duty!