Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Love Knitting!!

I am addicted. All I want to do is knit. It works out quite nicely because most of the time I can just sit at work and knit. It even has gotten to the point where I get annoyed when I am at work and I have to work, not knit. (Pretty sad I know) But Before this summer all I knew was how to do a simple knit stitch, and I just made a bunch of scarfs. It wasn't that much fun. Then I graduated to making some blankets (see previous posts). But now I have taught myself how to do a couple of things (thank you YouTube for the free knitting lessons) like different types of stitches, using double pointed needles, circular needles, and I-cords. I know that doesn't mean anything to most of you, but I felt proud that I was able to teach myself and it actually works!! So I have been working on a couple of hats for Seth.
This one is a little aviator cap with cute little ear flaps


This is a creme hat with a ribbed roll brim

This one is a simple creme/green striped beanie


I am working on a couple of different things right now. But the big challenge is keeping my away from buying yarn and needles. Really I have a problem. BUT I LOVE IT!!!

2 comments:

Ang & Shawn said...

oh my gosh. those are the cutest things ever!!! my favorite one is the first one with the little tie. LOVE IT!!! you have such a cute little belly! i miss seeing you guys, hope you are doing great!!!

Sundbergs said...

YOu are so talented those are so adoreable.