Wednesday, May 12, 2010

TWO WEEK BREAK!!!

Sorry to keep you all on the edge of your seat, for not posting anything in such a long time!! Just kidding. But any ways it has been a long time, so much time that I have so much stuff that it is a little overwhelming... but I will try.

A couple of weeks ago Ryan finished 5Th term of Chiropractic College (there are 10 terms) So we are officially half way done, Yay!! But he had a two week break and we were so busy everyday. Sadly I was having a brain fart and kept forgetting our camera! What was I thinking, but I have a few. Things I did not capture...
-going to the Fullerton Arboretum, Seth in heaven eating fertilizer, rolling in the leaves, biting an orange that fell off a tree and running away with it, chasing ducks, riding in the Nursery Shop wagons, and driving home with Seth just in his onesie he was so muddy and dirty. I wish we could get a wagon, He loved riding in it!
-Going to the Little Corona tide pools. It was cold, but highlights were.... Finding so many awesome shells, going with the Gunns, holding Seth for over an hour while he slept, having a squirrel JUMP on me while holding Seth sleeping, and hearing real life in the wild sea lions.
-Having "Pinks" Hot Dogs with the Kenny and Sunni Huff
-And going like a week seeing the awesome Gunn family every day. SO much so that just yesterday Ryan made a comment like this...."So you haven't talked to Allie in a while. You over it? You guys were so chummy, Did you have a falling out?" I said, "Ryan I saw her two days ago, and was over at her house all day last Wednesday!" I hope they aren't sick of us, because they are pretty awesome!
-I love popcorn money!! (Ryan's family has a kettle corn business and we did some events recently, so we had a little extra spending money.) We actually spent some of it on Eye exams for Ryan and I. Unfortunately Ryan's prescription doubled, and my eyes got even worse. Both of us needing new glasses and contacts.

I know I am forgetting some stuff, but here are some pictures that I do have of some of our adventures...

One day we took Mark and Allie to Ryan's parents house to go swimming. Look at how Huge Seth is compared to Mac. Mac is 7 months old, Seth was 16. This picture makes me laugh. I think Seth was that size at like 2 months!

Trying out the Big pool!

We went and saw the Queen Mary!! So this was fun! Some Highlights of this adventure...
-Seeing all the ghost sighting spots and Allie and I searching all over the place to have one of our own!
-The fog horn that left us all screaming and some of us crying.
-My obsession with cruises. I have never been on one before and there was a cruise ship in the harbor being boarded and I was grilling Mark about the experience of going on a cruise for like a half an hour.
-We learned, Don't try to be any where during Seth's nap time, or try to make him sleep in the stroller, it will result in a melt down of nuclear proportions for at least an hour or more!



We went to the Santa Ana Zoo! It was awesome!



We also used our awesome Knott's Berry Farm passes and spent an afternoon there. We love going ride a few roller coasters while switching off between the two of us, and refilling our souvenir Icee cups (Seth is obsessed with Icees!!) This time though we spent most of the time taking Seth on some rides. He still is pretty oblivious. He doesn't get scared or Happy, Just somewhere in between. But he loved the trucks because of the steering wheel. I tried to get him to stay down in the little cab, but he got scared so we had to bring him up with me. Seth loves Steering wheels or anything that remotely resembles one. Also we are mean parents but Seth has been on the log ride probably at least 3 times is his young life, it is pretty entertaining!


At the end of Ryan's Break we went to San Diego to visit my Aunt for the Weekend. As usual they show us a good time and are always way to generous. The Pictures are from the Botanical Gardens. It was so fun, and as you can tell Seth ended up just being in his onesie from being all muddy! Sadly my camera died half way through the park so missed so more awesome photo opps, like the bamboo forest, Ryan stealing an Avocado from a tree, feeding the minnows with wheat thins, seeing real life gigantic frogs, and the palm tree land. It was so fun.

Ryan conquered this game ( I guess you would call it a game) It is like a snow globe but it has a golf tee and you try to get the golf ball to land on it. It is pretty much impossible, so the Garton family thought. Ryan can do anything! We had to document the accomplishment!



While in San Diego we also had fun at the park playing wall ball and four square. We learned there are old school rules, and school rules.....according to Amanda my 8 year old cousin. We also went to their ritzy country club and let Seth play in the baby pool in a girl swimsuit bottom...We called him Sethala! (it is a long story, but I remember telling my Aunt that we probably were majorly confusing people..1-why is that boy wearing a girls swimsuit bottom or 2-why does that girl not have a top on!!) Oh and the boys played Tennis. Finishing the visit at my favorite place... Pat and Oscars! The bread stick are divine!!!!

The Break was awesome. I will have to admit that approaching the break I kinda dread it because Seth's routine gets thrown off, and I feel like I have to entertain another child (Ryan). But at the end of the break I am always sad to have Ryan go back to school, I kinda just get used to having him around and we sure do miss him!!!

3 comments:

magunn said...

Lindy! We had a blast with you guys, I am SO glad you are only a week ahead of us so we can have more fabulous breaks. And how could we ever get sick of you? It has been SO nice to have someone to hang out with around here!

Ang and Shawn said...

I love your post! You guys look like you had a blast during Ryan's break.

Here are just a couple of my favorite things from this post...
1.Sethala...girl swimsuit. love it
2. Ryan is an extra kid you have to entertain...I can totally see that.
3. Yay for being halfway done with Chiropractic College!!!

Oh...and Seth's picture with his cute little friend. He looks like a giant baby! It is so cute!

the mcnultys said...

Lindy - Seth is so big and sooo cute!! I hope I can come out to California to see you guys this summer!