Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Happy Halloween





These are our wonderful carved pumpkins! I haven't carved a pumpkin in a few years and it was so much fun. I will have to admit I was a little rusty and Ryan had to help me because I kept getting frustrated because of the small legs on the spider. I love him for being so patient with me!! Anyways if you know Ryan and I you would be saying, "You guys are actually home at the same time?" Well this rare event was due to my sick leave from work to recover from getting my wisdom teeth taken out, and unfortunatly Ryan's truck broke down and he called in sick to work. So magically we had a night off together and it was so much fun to hang out and have some holiday fun.

A little funny story about Ryan..... The night we carved the pumpkins we had them out on our front porch, and when we were going upstairs to bed Ryan opened up the door and brought our pumpkins inside. When I asked him what he was doing he said, "When I was a kid if there was a pumkin out I smashed it, I know how kids are!" I told him that I hope that he gets back what he did as a kid to other people. We are in for a treat!!! Anyways so for now the pumpkins sleep inside with us.

2 comments:

Hillary said...

YEAH.... UPDATES FINALLY!!!

You don't even look swollen!! I was like a chipmunk and bruised all over one cheek!! Thanks for calling me back to let me know you were alive by the way!! I was worring about you!

How was the recovery? Hopefully no barfing?

Oh, and your hair looks good. I guess that went okay too. Did you use the filler? The color turned out good whatever you did.

What a bummer about your basement!!! Did your Dutch-Oven really get ruined... was it all rusty? That sucks about your tent and sleepingbags too. Do you have renters insurance? If so it might cover flood damage to your belongings. Its really cheap to get if you don't have it already... but I guess you are moving soon anyway!

Sorry about the long comment... so much has happened!! :)
Love, Hillary

Megan said...

I love carving pumpkins, but I love pumpkin seeds more. After you cook them in the oven with a little butter and salt, I could eat them all the time! Hopefully we'll get around to doing pumpkins this year. I'm pretty bummed I have to work on Halloween this year.